This is a guide for the use of Warrior Trading's reporting feature in our Live Trading & Chat Rooms. It reviews the following:
The Purpose of Reporting
The Warrior Trading chat rooms aim to provide an educational environment for traders that is also a positive and family-friendly environment. We have designated moderators in our rooms to help enforce our Chat Room Rules and ensure that conversations stay on topic, accurate, and bully-free. Members have the ability to help moderate the chat as well. We believe that giving our community members the power to report bad behavior will further help to make the community as much of a positive and proactive learning environment as possible.
Reasons to Report Content in the Chat Rooms
If you see another member (or even a moderator) post content that you feel does not abide by the Chat Room Rules, you are welcome and encouraged to report content that you believe should have immediate attention from our team. If, on the other hand, a particular member's comment is simply not of interest to you, you may find it appropriate to filter their comments from your chat feed. You can read more on that here.
Users must select a reason for reporting content. Here are the available reasons and when to use them:
- Offensive Language: A member is cursing or using otherwise offensive language to get a point across.
- 3rd-Party Content: A member has shared content from an unverifiable resource.
- False Information: A member has shared an unverifiable rumor on stocks and stating it as fact, or is stating news that is not true. This reason may also be appropriate when someone is claiming that a simulated trade is made with live funds.
- Off-topic: A member is posting something other than actionable trade ideas or trading-related comments in the trading rooms. Light off-topic chatter is encouraged in the Lounge, but not in the Small Cap and Large Cap trading rooms.
- Personal Info: A member has shared personal information, which may be unsafe for the public chat. This includes, but is not limited to: phone numbers, trading account numbers, geolocation, email addresses, social media handles.
- Bullying: A member is making rude, targeted comments at a single person (or group of people).
- Inappropriate Content: A member is making inappropriate comments, such as something sexist, racist, or otherwise unacceptable to our family-friendly environment.
- Other: You believe a member has posted unacceptable content that does not fall into one of the other categories.
The full set of Chat Room Rules can be found here.
How to Report a Comment
- Find the comment you wanted to report within the chat feed, and click on that comment. A new profile window will appear, such as on the right in the image below.
- From this new "Profile" window, click on the triangular "report" icon.
- Select the reason that you are reporting the comment.
- A green pop-up alert will appear on the top left to confirm that the report went through.
- The comment will now be under review with our moderator team who will handle the situation accordingly.
To remove this person's comments comments from your chat feed, follow this guide on how to "ignore" them.
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support Team, and we'd be happy to help.