Please view the video below for an example on how to place a stop order, and the proper time to use a stop order.
STOP ORDERS – Stop orders are available as an order type. You select stop orders in the Price Type field.
S-STP (Server-side Stop)(Also works for stop limit orders If you select a certain price , See video for more detail)
T-STP (Trailing Stop)
When selecting a stop order, the Price field becomes your stop price.
- S-STP (Server-side Stop Market) orders are available only for execution destinations that support market orders.
- Only DAY stop orders are supported (9:30 AM – 4:00 PM ET).
- Price election will be checked between 9:30 AM and 4:00 PM ET only.
- Price is not going to be elected if the market is crossed.
- Only NBBO (National Best Bid and Offer) prices will be used to determine the current market.
- All Server-side Stop orders will be canceled automatically if the market quotes are lost or if a system malfunction is detected.
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support Team, and we'd be happy to help.