In this article, learn about:
- Terminology for Chatroom Layouts
- Types of Layouts
- Adjusting Chat Room Layout
- How to Save Chatroom Layouts
- How to Save a Layout as Default (to Appear on Login)
- How to Load, Pop Out, or Delete a Layout
- Troubleshooting Pop-Out Windows
Note that this article provides information in video format directly below, as well as in written instructions with visuals beneath. Feel free to use whichever format works best for your learning style.
How to Save and Load a Single-Window Chat Room Layout
How to Save and Load a Multi-Window Chat Room Layout
Terminology for Chatroom Layouts
Widget: A widget is an individual box within the Warrior Trading platform for rooms or tools which can be selected from the left sidebar. The image below identifies a chat room widget (yellow outline), a charting widget (blue outline), and a stock quote widget (white outline):
Window: This term refers to your browser window that displays our platform and may hold multiple widgets within it. The image above is one window.
Main window: This is the first window that appears when you enter the platform, and from which you may pop out other windows.
- If your profile picture is visible on the bottom left of the window, this will indicate it is the main window .
- The pop-out function only works from this main window.
Pop-out window: This refers to any browser windows created from your main window by either using the pop-out feature on the top right of the window or the pop-out feature from the layout settings.
- Currently, you are only allowed a maximum of 5 extra pop-out windows.
- You cannot pop out a new window from a pop-out window.
Layout: a specific arrangement of widgets within one window.
- You are currently allowed an unlimited number of chart widgets per window.
- Only one of each widget is allowed per window for the chatrooms, watchlist, or individual scanner.
- These are divided into three categories, shown below.
Types of Layouts
- Warrior Trading Window Layouts: public layouts of one window, curated by our team.
- You cannot edit this layout, but you can save new personal layouts based on it.
- The green "D" in this section (as shown below) identifies which layout is set as the default layout for new users or after you clear your cache and cookies.
- Personal Window Layouts: layouts of one window that you created and saved
- There is currently a limit of 5 personal window layouts. If you reach this limit, you will see: Windows Limit Reached
- All Chatroom Windows Default: This layout includes the main window and all pop-out windows that you last saved locally to your browser's cache.
- This layout will not auto-save. You must save this as default anytime you make a change and before you exit the platform. Read more below regarding how to save a layout.
- The default layout will load the next time you sign in or refresh your page.
- This is an example of how a 2-window default layout might look
Adjusting Chat Room Layout
Watch the video below for a full demonstration of how to add windows and widgets and adjust layouts.
If you are having trouble getting external / popped-out windows to appear when loading a layout, please remember to check if your pop-up blocker is interfering.
Other Resources Referred to in the Video
- How to Customize Announcements & Broadcast Notifications
- What the Different Buttons and Icons Mean
- How to Perform a Hard Browser Refresh (helpful for troubleshooting)
- How to Load Layouts (click or just scroll down!)
- How to Adjust Chat Filters
How to Save Chatroom Layouts
You can save your current widgets to your personal window layouts by following these steps:
How to Save a Layout as Default (to Appear on Login)
It can be a good habit to save your layout before signing out each day if you make changes. If you would like to both save your layout and sign out, you must first complete the steps previously explained for saving the layout of each window.
Then, you can simply click your profile picture in your main window, followed by Save & Logout.
Please note that this layout is saved to your browser cache, so your browser window will only populate this layout if you use the same browser with cache intact (do not use a private browser window or clear cache).
Alternatively, the steps below will keep you signed in while also allowing you to save all windows to your settings (rather than just your browser cache):
How to Load, Pop Out, or Delete a Layout
For all your personal layouts, you can choose from the following:
- Load the layout: This will load the layout in the same window you are using and replace what you currently have.
- Pop up the layout: This will load the layout in a new window.
- Delete the layout: This will delete this saved layout.
Troubleshooting Pop-Out Windows
If you are having trouble getting external / popped-out windows to appear when loading a layout, please check if your browser is blocking pop-ups. If you are not familiar with your browser's pop-up settings, this article may help.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article