The "best" brokerage will differ from trader to trader and depend on each person's unique needs and trading styles. Here are some articles that might help you choose which are a good fit for you when you're ready to trade live!
- How to choose a brokerage: https://www.warriortrading.com/how-to-choose-the-best-online-broker/
- Some of our favorite brokers for the strategies we teach: https://www.warriortrading.com/best-online-stock-brokers/
Keep in mind that gaining a proper education and trading in a simulator first is always recommended before opening a live trading account!
Which brokerages and platforms does Ross Cameron use?
Ross Cameron typically trades with Lightspeed as his primary broker, eSignal for charting, and Trade Ideas for scanning. There are many other options available as well. Check out some others here.
Ross used Suretrader for his 2017 Small Account Challenge because they have a $500 min balance. As Suretrader is no longer an available brokerage, Ross traded with Capital Markets Elite Group, or CMEG for his December 2019 Small Account Challenge. In January 2020, Ross started a small account at TD Ameritrade.
Traders looking to day trade with less than $25k, the balance mandated by the PDT rule in the US, can consider brokerages like CMEG since they require only $500 minimum balance and allow US and international traders (except Canada) to open an account without the PDT rule.
- You can see our CMEG review here: https://www.warriortrading.com/capital-markets-elite-group-review/
- International traders, including those from Canada, can consider brokerages like TradeZero: https://www.warriortrading.com/trade-zero-broker-review-how-it-matches-up/
- For more information on how to day trade with less than $25k, we recommend reading this article here: https://www.warriortrading.com/how-to-day-trade-without-25k/
We also have Broker Rebate Programs with a few of our favorite brokers, which allow our students to get discounted commission rates. So if you are a Warrior Pro student and looking for a broker that will give discount commission rates, click to check out the details of our Broker Rebate Program.
Canadian traders: Aside from TradeZero mentioned above, you can also take a look at brokerages like QuesTrade and TD Direct to see if one of those are a good fit for you!
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support Team, and we'd be happy to help.