I you want to view news while using your simulator you have 3 options.
- The best and simplest way to add some news directly into your simulator and have it searchable you can user the Seeking Alpha news widget. (Windows> Quotes> Seeking Alpha) Keep in mind that it will update net new news stories and not historic news from the previous day. See image below.
2. The second option would be to simply have a seperate browser for your news on your favorite news website such as https://www.benzinga.com/news , https://www.marketwatch.com/ or https://seekingalpha.com/
3. If you do not mind not being able to search the headlines and not need to see past news but only net new news from the time you open the simulator,Then you can add an RSS feed to your simulator. You will need to use your favorite news websites RSS feed (ex: https://www.marketwatch.com/rss/ ) once there you can click on the yellow rss feed link and save the link and input this into your simulator. The link should look like this: http://feeds.marketwatch.com/marketwatch/topstories/
To add this link in to the simulator:
- Go to (Windows> Quotes> RSS FEEDS.
- On the new window, click Actions > Manage RSS Feeds > Add.
- Then enter the RSS feed link and select Add. See image below.
Remember if you add any additional windows you will need to save your layout for your simulator to get the same windows to pop up when you log back in again next, You can learn more about that here: Load and Save Layouts
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support Team, and we'd be happy to help.