I you want to view news while using your simulator you have 3 options.
- The best and simplest way to add news with search functionality directly to your simulator is through the Seeking Alpha news widget. You can add this by going to Windows> Quotes> Seeking Alpha. Keep in mind that it will update net new news stories and not historic news from the previous day. See image below for reference:
3. If you don't need to search the headlines or view historical news, and only net new news from the time you open the simulator, then you can simply add an RSS feed to your simulator. You will need to use your favorite news websites RSS feed (ex: https://www.marketwatch.com/rss/). Once you've located that, you can click on the yellow rss feed link and save the link and input this into your simulator. The link should look something like this: http://feeds.marketwatch.com/marketwatch/topstories/
To add this link in to the simulator:
- Go to Windows> Quotes> RSS FEEDS.
- On the new window, click Actions > Manage RSS Feeds > Add.
- Then enter the RSS feed link and select 'Add'. See image below:
Remember if you add any additional windows you will need to save your layout for your simulator to get the same windows to pop up when you log back in again next, You can learn more about that here: Load and Save Layouts
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support Team. We'd be happy to help!