The new (as of October 2020) Warrior Trading Scanners , which can be accessed through the Warrior Trading Chat Room, are designed to help students make the leap from studying to trading by helping to find finding the right stocks to trade each morning.
About the Warrior Trading Scanners
The Warrior Trading Scanners are designed by our developers and traders here at Warrior Trading and built into our live trading room platform. Our students will now be able to pull up scanners alongside their Warrior Trading chat rooms. The scanners use real-time market data.
Our scanners are pre-configured settings that match Ross Cameron’s personal settings, and are designed to replace the scanners that are broadcast through our chat room screen share. This means that members who prefer to have a 100% customizable scanner can still benefit from a subscription to a separate third-party scanning software of their choice. However, for students in our chat rooms who use our screen share for trade ideas, this will allow them to:
- view scanners as early as 4 AM EST (no more waiting until the chat opens!)
- continue viewing full scanner settings while our traders show charts or share a trading recap on screen share
- customize audio alerts for HOD Momo scanner based on strategy selection
- sort scanners by traits such as float or volume
- link directly to premium newsfeeds to find the catalyst
- save on costs for news and scanners
How to Access the Scanners
System requirements for using the WT Scanners will match those for our chat room, which can be viewed here. In order to use the scanners, every member must sign market data agreements for the scanner platform specifically (signing them for the WT Sim will be separate). You can see how to sign scanner data agreements here.
To access the scanners after your signature has been processed, simply sign into the Warrior Trading live trading & chat room platform and click the button for Scanners on the left hand-side of the platform. (For instructions on signing into the chat room, please go here.)
After clicking the Scanners button, you can then choose which scanner windows you'd like to open within your chat room dashboard.
Chat room and Warrior Starter members will have access to the High of Day Momentum (HOD Momo) and Gapper scanners, while Warrior Pro members will be able to choose from the full scanner list:
- Top Relative Volume
- Top Volume 5 Minutes
- Top Gainers
- Top Losers
- Top Gappers
- High of Day Momentum Scanner
Arranging Your Scanner Windows
Once you have chosen which scanners to add to your chat room dashboard, you can position the scanner windows the same way as chat windows. See the video below for a brief demonstration of how to add, move, and adjust windows.
Video below has no audio. This video is simply to demonstrate how to add, move, and adjust windows. Please see the next section for more on using the scanners.
After you have added scanner windows, you may decide you'd like to put them elsewhere on your monitor, or move them to another monitor. To do so, simply click the icon in the upper right-hand corner to pop out the scanner window:
Please keep in mind that having many windows open may cause your browser to crash. If the browser closes, try decreasing the number of windows you have popped out to see if the issue persists.
Adjusting Scanners & Understanding Columns & Colors
All scanners will have the columns listed below, sorted in a particular order to help traders identify stocks according to the scanner name. The Halt and HOD scanners also have a Time column to list the time a halt occurred, or time a stock hit the HOD scanner.
Click the links above for a definition of the terms. For more on how to read the scanners, see below and refer to the Warrior Pro classes.
The Volume Today, Float, and Gap (%) columns are colored in gradients, with exact color determined by value, as demonstrated in the images below. The higher the volume, for example, the darker the gradient. The bigger the float, the brighter the color. The bigger the gap percentage, the deeper the red or green, depending on the direction of the gap.
The HOD scanner also has a Strategy column. Each strategy has a different color. The list below shows the color for each strategy. For more on these strategies, please refer to Ross' Small Cap Day Trading Course in the Warrior Pro Program.
Setting Audio Alerts
Audio alerts are only available for the HOD Momo scanner.
1. On the High of Day Momentum scanner, there is a bell icon at the top of the Strategy Name column on the right. To view audio alert choices for the scanner, click the bell.
2. A list will pop up where you can indicate which strategies you will hear an audio alert for when a new stock fits that criteria. Want to set the same alerts that Ross has? He has alerts for all strategies except the Medium Float scanners.
3. After making your choices, you can click anywhere on the Strategy Name column again (or anywhere else on the screen to close the list of strategies) and you will now see that the bell is blue and no longer crossed out if you have set an audio alert.
Still have questions? Please reach out to our Support Team, and we'd be happy to help.