The Stock Quote widget, also known as the Symbol Lookup widget, is used to view fundamental data and can be clicked on to load more information and news onto a new browser tab. This article reviews how to use this widget and cash tags for news.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Adding a Stock Quote Widget
- Functions of the Quote Widget
- Data Found within the Quote Widget
- Pop-Up Alerts
- About Cashtag Functions
Adding a Stock Quote Widget
For members with scanner access on their platform, one stock quote widget can be added per platform window. To have more than one, you must pop out a new platform window.
To add the stock quote widget, go to your Tools section on the left side menu and click Stock Quote.
Within the stock quote widget, you can view current and live information for the stock, as shown below.
Functions of the Quote Widget
Using the search bar and pressing Enter will pull up the stock and its data within the stock quote widget. The letters do not need to be capitalized when searching.
If using the color link function, you can click on tickers or enter stock tickers on other linked widgets to make them appear on the stock quote widget. Similarly, the color link function allows you to type tickers on the stock quote widget and simultaneously have them appear in the other linked widgets.
We recommend using this feature to increase the speed at which you can navigate our platform.
To learn more about how to use the color link function in the chatroom and charts, please see our guide here.
To condense information, you can opt to minimize the full stock name, exchange, and last updated information, as shown below. This function will save for the next time you use a quote widget.
Data Found within the Quote Widget
To help minimize information on your screen, you can also now opt into minimizing the full stock name, Exchange, and last updated information as shown below. This function will save for the next time you use a quote widget.
Using Recent News Headlines
The top three recent news Headlines appear here. If you would like to see up to 20 of the most recent headlines, you can click the button on the right that says More. Once expanded, you can click the Less button to minimize again.
This news section has a few pieces of information you will want to be aware of:
- Freshness: This indicator shows how "fresh" or new a headline is. You can hover over the icons to see what they represent, as also demonstrated in the chart below.
Indicator Age of Headline
0 to 2 hours old
2 to 12 hours old
- Headlines: displays news headlines. At the end of the headline, you will see the time it was posted, and the date if it was a previous day. Click the headline to view the whole article and its source.
Keep in mind that just because a stock has news does not mean it should be traded. Learn more about how to determine if a stock is the "right" trade for you in the Warrior Pro classes.
To adjust how the quote widget and news headlines interact in the platform, go to the bottom of the left side menu and click Profile under the Settings section. You should see a section called Notification and Window Settings.
Read on to learn about each of these settings. A pink checkmark means the setting is enabled, while a gray X means the setting is disabled.
- Cashtags go to Quote Website
- When turned on, this makes it so that clicking on a cashtag will direct you to our quote page.
- By default, this is turned off.
- If turned on, it also disables function #3, and clicking on a ticker no longer forces you to be linked to the quote widget.
- If you do have a linked quote widget, they will still work.
- Quote Widget Reminder for $Cashtags
- This setting will display a pop-up message when you click on a cashtag without a linked quote widget. This is on by default.
About Cashtag Functions
We encourage chat members to use the cashtag when talking about stocks. This can be done by entering the symbol $ before the ticker. Once you enter your message into the chat, our chat room will make the cashtag clickable so that members can easily look up the ticker (similar to clicking on the ticker within the stock quote widget).
For example: If wanting to share about AAPL, you can type: "Watching $aapl"
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article