The top toolbar of the charts give easy access to navigating some of the most popular chart functions.
Scroll down to read more about each of these features, or click from the list below to jump to a specific section:
- 1. Symbol Lookup
- 2. Timeframe
- 3. Candlestick Options
- 4. Indicators and 5. Indicator Templates
- 6. Refresh
- 7. Undo and Redo
- 8. Manage Layouts
- 9. Chart Settings
- 10. Fullscreen Mode
- 11. Take a snapshot
- 12. Change Color Group (How to Link Windows)
- Additional Information
1. Symbol Lookup
To populate your chart window with the chart of a new ticker:
- Click the stock ticker box on the very top left of your chart
- Start typing to populate the symbol search. You can search either ticker or company name.
- Press enter or choose from the selection.
- If you do not click anywhere else, you can continue to easily search for another stock ticker without needing to click in the box again.
Remember to review the chart linking section further down on this article (or click here) to learn how to group associated widgets to make this process easier.
The time frame selection is right next to your stock ticker bar.
If you use the star function on a timeframe, it will end up as a shortcut on your top toolbar for easy access. See the example below:
Tip: You can quickly switch timeframes by typing in a numeral compatible with the drop down list, followed by the first letter of the corresponding timeframe. For example:
For seconds, type 's' after the numeral, then click Enter.
For minutes, type the numeral, then click Enter.
For days, type 'd' after the numeral, then click Enter.
For weeks, type "w' after the numeral, then click Enter.
For months type 'm'' after the numeral, then click Enter.
3. Candlestick Options
Traders normally keep this on the regular "Candles" bar for day trading. We will update this section in the future with further detail.
4. Indicators and 5. Indicator Templates
The refresh button restarts the charting data without requiring a refresh of the browser page, which saves computer resources. Please use this if you ever lose data or think you lost data. This refresh button will sync with all linked charts of the same color.
7. Undo and Redo
- Undo: undoes the previous actions performed on the chart | Shortcut: Ctrl+Z
- Redo: reverts to the previous actions you just undid using the Undo function on the chart | Shortcut: Ctrl+Y
8. Manage Layouts
See our article (coming soon) on managing layouts.
9. Chart Settings
10. Fullscreen Mode
Enter one chart into full screen mode easily by clicking the Fullscreen mode button on the top right of your chart:
11. Take a snapshot
Instead of using a screenshot application, you can easily take a screenshot of your chart by:
- Clicking the camera icon on the top right of your chart
- Clicking Save chart image
- If you want to share the image of this chart within our chatroom, please use our click here for our guide for uploading screenshots.
Ctrl+Alt+S to save a chart image
Ctrl+Shift+S to copy a chart image
12. Change Color Group (How to Link Windows)
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article